Delivery Possibilities for Home Care
August 26, 2015
Home Care in Palo Alto CABecause the desire to age in place is growing in popularity among seniors, so has the home delivery options now available. The delivery of goods not only makes aging in place more convenient, but it helps benefit seniors receiving in-home care who are no longer able to drive. The added comfort of knowing a home deliver option is available not only adds peace of mind, but it allows seniors to remain independent longer while receiving help for their elder care needs.Elder Care Delivery Options
- Concierge: while this service is both delivery and pick-up, it helps seniors achieve a wide range of tasks. Service providers will run their errands including picking up groceries, dry cleaning and more.
- Meals: the most popular meal deliver service is Meals on Wheels, however other local services may be available through government agencies, senior centers, or religious groups.
- Packages: package services is an obvious one, but few realize the options available for home delivery. Seniors receiving home care can use the Internet to order just about everything they need for their elder care needs online. Many websites, like Amazon.com offer a clip-able digital coupon on cleaning or other household products on top of an already discounted price.
- Schedule: Families can help their aging love one stay safe during in-home care by ensuring all deliveries are scheduled, and marked down on a calendar hung in a prominent area of the home. That way, if someone is knocking on the door during unscheduled times, they are less likely to open the door.
- Barriers: Install chains on the door, or a screen door with a lock so seniors can see who is at the door before allowing anyone in.
- Discussions: Families should discuss not opening the door unless they see a person in uniform or someone holding a package, and then confirm where they are from through the door before opening and receiving deliveries.
- Cameras: Install a security camera by the front door or primary exit so it monitors who is coming and going.
- Mobile Devices: Portable mobile emergency alert systems can be worn around the senior's neck or as a bracelet so, if something occurs, they can push a button and alert officials immediately.