Our Covid-19 Response
- What is Familiar Surroundings Home Care doing during the Covid-19 Crisis?
- What are some of the symptoms that you are monitoring for caregivers and clients?
- What is the proper technique for washing my hands to reduce the spread of infection?
- What are some senior-friendly indoor activities?
- I’m a senior and I’m not able to go out to buy groceries due to coronavirus. How can I get help with shopping?
Maintaining the quality of service that our current clients have come to know and new clients expect, is our number one priority. We have continued to operate under these principles during this crisis and have adapted to new information and guidance from the CDC and other public health organizations.
Our Safety First Plan involves several pieces, including:
- Caregiver Screening and Symptom Reporting
- Client well-being and symptom checks
- Specialized Covid-19 training courses for Caregivers, new and existing Caregivers
- Providing Personal Protective Equipment
The following are some symptoms as described by the CDC:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Sore Throat
The CDC recommends washing for at least 20 seconds (sing the Happy Birthday song twice).
To keep everyone’s spirits up, engage in a variety of fun activities, including:
- Games, including jigsaw puzzles and adult coloring books
I’m a senior and I’m not able to go out to buy groceries due to coronavirus. How can I get help with shopping?
Seniors who need help with shopping can rely on our caregivers. We understand that seniors may be self-isolating to reduce their risk of exposure to Covid-19. Please let us know what items you need and our caregivers can run those errands for you.